Community Service is at the heart of the IB PYP, IB MYP and IB DP.
At ISHCMC, we understand that with privilege comes responsibility. Our students have opportunities in all grade levels to give back to Vietnam and to their communities. Most of our programs are student-led and empower our young people to witness first-hand the difference they can make in someone’s life.
Creativity, Activity and Service (CAS) is at the heart of our school and is an essential element in every student’s IB experience. Students become involved in a range of activities alongside their academic studies throughout the Prrimay Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programs.
The three strands of CAS, which are often interwoven with particular activities, are characterized as follows:
• Creativity: Arts and other experiences that involve and develop creative thinking skills.
• Activity: Physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle.
• Service: An unpaid and voluntary contribution that has a learning benefit for the student.
The Community Service programme aims to develop students who are:
- Reflective thinkers. Students should gain a better understanding of their strengths and limitations, identify goals and devise strategies for personal growth.
- Willing to accept new challenges and new roles.
- Aware of themselves as members of communities with responsibilities towards each other and the environment.
- Active participants in sustained, collaborative projects.
- Balanced. Students should enjoy and find significance in a range of activities involving intellectual, physical, creative and emotional experiences..
Our projects include:
- Loreto Support
- Loreto Fun Day
- Habitat For Humanity - Please click here to view more
- Tien Giang Field Trip Video
- Photography to community - Please click here to view more
- Operation Healthy Heart (East Meets West) - Please click here to view more
- Phu My Orphanage
- WAR (Wildlife at Risk)
- Braille Story Books (Loreto)
- Swimming with blind students
- Bao Hoa Charity Food Kitchen
- Student Teaching Students (Huyen Si School & Cho Quan School)
- Kon Ray School in Kontum (East Meets West)
- Operation Smile
- Mobile Library (Global Village Foundation)
- Thien Binh Orphange